Halloween is one of the most anticipated nights of the year for kids. Most of us can remember the excitement of dressing up and going door-to-door for enough candy to send a kid on a sugar high for months. It is a fun time. To keep it fun, here are a few tips to keep your little goblin safe on Halloween.
- Talk to your kids about how to be safer on Halloween. Only 1/3 of parents talk to their kids about Halloween safety.
- Dress your child in light colors if possible and make sure to use reflective tape on their costume.
- Children under 12 years of age should only cross the street with an adult. On average, child pedestrian deaths double on Halloween night.
- Teach your children to walk on sidewalks and always use traffic signals and crosswalks to cross the street.
- Remember to drive slowly and be especially alert on Halloween because children will be excited and may move in unpredictable ways.
- Be sure to inspect your child's candy and remove anything that is not in its original wrapper or looks like it has been tampered with.
infographic via http://www.safekids.org./halloweeninfographic
Enjoy what you just read? Subscribe to our posts or become a follower.