Mother’s day is coming up. We usually focus on getting mother a gift. Yet if we get mom a gift, and later disrespect her, that present has little value.
As I had written in an earlier post, your daughter learns about male-female relationships by watching how you treat your wife. However, you can also teach your daughter how to treat her mother.
The following are some ideas of how you can help your daughter show respect to her mother for the other 364 days of the year.
- You can help teach your daughter to be respectful to her mom starting first in the home. After that you can work with her on showing that same respect to her mom elsewhere (such as at church, school, and the mall).
- Teach her to be kind and respectful in language.
- Teach your daughter to be considerate and nice when mom has visitors in the home.
- Help your daughter to obey what mom asks her to do.
- Teach her how to be reasonable and responsible with her behavior and actions.
- Teach her to be a friend to her mom, and to enjoy her relationship with her mom.
- Ask her to learn and understand her mom’s spiritual depth.
- Teach your daughter proper manners.
- Help your daughter write a letter of appreciation.
- Teach your daughter to be honest and faithful to her mother.
Of course there are many other ways in which you can teach your daughter to be respectful to her mother. These are just some ideas to get the ball rolling.
As you help your daughter to respect her mother, you will see their relationship grow and prosper. You will be able to take comfort in knowing that your daughter does respect your wife.
What are some ways you show respect to your mother? Or how are you teaching your child to show respect to their mother?